Chris Reaby, from Oracle | Responsys
1. What’s your company/role?
I work at Oracle | Responsys as a Sales Development Representative selling the Oracle Marketing Cloud. I’m responsible for outbound lead generation which involves sending nifty emails, new business development, and warm calls!
2. Why do you love ToutApp? How do you use it for your job?
- Tracking: Definitely my favourite feature. I am able to lead with insight, then prioritize follow up with my prospects based on their engagement or lack of.
- Attachment Tracking: This is my second favourite feature, and is similar to the first, but it definitely deserves its own bullet point. I’m able to upload case studies, content and reports and attach them as a linked-pdf to my emails. From here, I can see what pages my prospects viewed, what pages they spent the most time on – another tool in the toolbox!
- Relationship: The easy import feature in ToutApp, makes it extremely simple to batch upload contacts, with personalized fields.
- Efficiencies: I have a template with personalised fields for every occasion – whether it is, InMail Follow Up with No Response, Relevant Content with a Call-To-Action – I’ve even tested subject lines within ToutApp (practicing what I preach & sell!)
3. Why Tout vs. other sales tools in the market?
Honestly, I wasn’t involved in the decision to use ToutApp, but what I can share is that I have been impressed with the customer service. If I have a query, question or issue, I hear from a Happiness Office within 12-24 hours.
4. What was your journey into sales?
Awesome Question! I started my journey in the workforce, at IBM where I did a 4-year internship, studying Business and Information Systems at RMIT University, as well as a few tech courses like Cisco Certified Networking Associates (CCNA). I was a Software Asset Manager, surrounded by a great group of people who were vested in my success. I got the opportunity to attend a few sales meetings with software vendors – which I loved!
After 5.5 years, I made the switch to Microsoft as a Software Engagement Manager, which was predominantly a customer facing role with back office work – again, fuelling my desire to move into a sales role. I took a step sideward in my career, and joined the Victorian Government, which was a great role working with all government agencies, but it just wasn’t for me …. I decided that I had to get into a sales role …… and here I am, Sales Development Rep at Oracle | Responsys– I couldn’t be happier!
5. What’s one of your favorite sales tricks?
One of my favourite, yet simple tricks, is a very simple outreach strategy (which I’m still perfecting –5 months into my role)!
Research your prospect (company + employee), just to name a few:
a. LinkedIn (common connection, companies followed, people followed)
b. Facebook (look for common ground, i.e. restaurants, retail brands etc.)
c. Google Search (in particular recent news articles)
d. CRM tool
It’s important, to ensure you establish an outreach routine to ensure continuity in your follow-ups. Creating tasks in your CRM tool acts as a friendly reminder every morning. A task is created for a reason; so don’t weasel your way out.
In my experience, if a prospect I’m dealing with likes a particular retail brand on Facebook that happens to be a customer of ours – I’ll be sure to mention the success they have seen since making the shift to the Oracle Marketing Cloud! Also, using ToutApp on all email is a must.
6. Favorite email you’ve ever received?
A favourite email I received was a boomerang (appropriate given I’m an Aussie). I sent an email to a prospect; it then made its way to a competitor – the competitor then wrote a message back to me!