Here at ToutApp, we’re all about helping salespeople and sales managers get better at selling. So, in addition to our books, our sales school, we also feature awesome sales jobs at companies that use our platform. If you would like your company and position to be featured in the future, you can fill out this form.
This week’s awesome sales job of the week is at Parse.ly.
Parse.ly gives the best online publishers in-depth, actionable insight about their users and content through a suite of products that make up the Parse.ly Publisher Platform. Already, Parse.ly tracks over 4 billion page views a month.
According to a recent TechCrunch article, they raised an A round from ff Venture Capital and Blumberg Capital in December 2010 totaling $1.8 million.
Our thoughts on Parse.ly
We’re big believers of real-time data ourselves here at Tout, so when we took a peek into Parse.ly’s “Dash” product, simply put, we thought it was awesome. Data is abundant, but when companies like Parse.ly harness that data and present it in a meaningful way, thats when the magic happens.
When we took a peek at Parse.ly's company blog, it was evident that their team of superheroes are a group of people that aren't just in it but are people that think deeply about every aspect of their business — and are particularly passionate about solving problems for publishers.
About the Role
Here's how Sachin Kamdar, CEO at Parse.ly would describe the sales role their are hiring for.
Parse.ly is seeking a motivated and ambitious individual that can dive in to the publisher sales process head first. This person needs to be a quick learner, incredibly organized, and able communicate exceptionally well with current and potential clients. Further, the individual needs to be excited about our technology and our ability to change the way the publishers create, manage, and promote content on their property.
As an early employee you’ll be working directly with the CEO and Director of Sales, and your voice will have an influence and effect on all aspects of product and business at Parse.ly. The connections you make through customer outreach and management will give you the ability to make a name for yourself in a high-growth area of online media.
- Prospect new business deals with online publishers, marketing services agencies, and brands.
- Engage at a high frequency with clients via phone, email, and presentations – both remotely and in-person.
- Provide leadership in post-sales activities to ensure that customers’ needs and requirements are met.
- Continue to build strong customer relationships.
- Construct and distribute marketing materials associated with new and existing products.
- 2–3 years experience in technology and online media.
- Strong understanding of digital media, online publishing, and SaaS sales processes.
- Proficient with the basics for sales (PowerPoint, KeyNote, CRM software, Excel, etc.)
- Self-sufficient, but works well with others.
- Highly organized.
In conclusion, if you've got 2 to 3 years of experience in technology/online media and love working with online publishers, marketing service agencies and brands —- AND want to be an early employee at a startup that will undoubtedly be a great success: