User of the Week: Sam Blond
1. What’s your company/role?
I’m the VP of Sales at Zenefits. We manage your benefits, payroll, and HR – so you don’t have to. No more paperwork. No more headaches. It’s all done online and completely paperless.
Best of all, we do this for free.
2. Why do you love ToutApp? How do you use it for your job?
- Email templates are great for mind share and training new reps.
- Saves us a ton of time – we have templates for every step of the sales cycle:
– Post demo
– Follow up
– Non-responsive prospect
– As soon as they sign up, etc.
- Reps love having visibility into whether their emails are being viewed and how often
3. Why Tout vs. other sales tools in the market?
It’s easy to implement, lots of functionality, and my reps love it!
There is very little business interruption for the value the technology adds. When we have new hires it takes us hours to train them on other tools (ie SalesForce), but just a few minutes on Tout.
4. What was your journey into sales? How do you go from an SDR to VP?
I moved to SF after college. I started as an SDR at EchoSign and was with that company for 6 years until I joined Zenefits.
I found a career that’s a really great fit for me. I love sales, and I love technology. I also got a bit lucky in selecting a company that grew very quickly and allowed me to move up with the company as we grew. I was an SDR for about 6 mos at Echosign, and then was able to convince my CEO to let me close. After being in a closing role for a couple of years, I got into management when the opportunity presented itself.
*Hard work and having the patience to grow within a company pays off! We love this “work your way up” story!
5. What’s one of your favorite sales tricks?
If someone is non-responsive to emails or phone calls, send them a calendar invite. They reply every time.
*ToutApp thinks this is an amazing idea! Of course, don’t use this trick with every prospect. But, if there is some back and forth and a client goes dark, try the calendar invite trick!
6. Favorite email you’ve ever received?
Any email telling me I won a huge deal!