Name: Kendall Beckelhymer
Position: Sales Manager
1. What’s your company/role?
I manage the Inbound/Outbound Sales Team at ServiceRocket. ServiceRocket helps software companies increase adoption, growth, and overall customer success by building their training businesses and 24×7 support offerings.
2. Why do you love ToutApp? How do you use it for your job?
- My email activities are automatically logged into Salesforce so I don’t have to add information in two places.
- I love the “Push to Tout” option from Salesforce, it allows me to quickly create groups and reach out to several people at once in a personalized email. I can also track who is most the engaged of those groups which helps to prioritize follow-ups.
- Templates are great, you can share and collaborate with your team and easily tweak things to make them more effective!
3. Why Tout vs. other sales tools in the market?
Much of my communication is done via email, as someone that’s constantly in my inbox it’s great to have an integrated tool that reminds me about follow up actions and even does them for me so I don’t let things slip through the cracks.
It’s also integrated with Salesforce and very easy to use so new reps are able to hit the ground running and already have a toolkit that sets them up for success.
4. What was your journey into sales?
I never really intended to get into sales but when I graduated from college I started my career working for Enterprise Rent-a-Car (that’s right, we’ll pick you up).
From there, I continued to discover opportunities in sales. I took a small hiatus as an English Teacher in Buenos Aires and upon my return started at ServiceRocket, coincidentally not in sales. However, I continued to find myself volunteering to help out with sales and customer support and eventually my role evolved into the position I hold today. I love being the forefront person for my customers and helping them find solutions to some very important problems in the SaaS space. I’m also able to mentor my team, many of whom are just starting out, which is something I’ve been fortunate to have in my career, so it’s great to be able to give that back to them.
5. What’s one of your favorite sales tricks?
I genuinely love what I do and want to help people. I think that passion comes through and in turn leads to closing deals (sorry to get cheesy).
Also, I think a trick that I use often to get more face time is picking one day of the week to do all of my in-person meetings and stacking them up. When I reach out to customers/potential customers they are always more inclined to book the time when they know I’ll be in their area.
6. Favorite email you’ve ever received?
Any time I receive an email with positive feedback about my team I’m very excited!