I was lucky enough to attend my second Sales Hacker Conference. The first time around, I learned some of the most valuable “sales hacks” in my career.
1. What type of emails do executives respond to?
John Barrows breaks it down best…
2. Always use humor
No joke. Carolyn Betts (CEO from Betts Recruiting) got 250 salespeople laughing with this video: S*** Not to Say In an Interview.
3. Do your research and keep it personal.
I try to always have a personal “talking point” with each customer. Whether that’s knowing where they’re from, which school they went to, or their favorite sports team.
3 personal hacks that will cut down your time:
- Setup LinkedIn saved searches to catch trigger events right away
- Feedly will aggregate all your news
- Use Gagein for instant company alerts
I loved Sales Hacker New York, but one of my top takeaways from Sales Hacker San Francisco remains true. Post-it advice from Doug Landis.
5. Become a Superhuman
Be personal on a large scale. How? TK’s 5×5: Personalizing Relationships at Scale.
Quick tip for sales emails:
*Bonus Hack: Love your team and customers