This best practice on how to use ToutApp is brought to you by one of our awesome users, Levi McClendon from Mobivity. Check out more best practices for how to use Tout here, or you can submit your own tip.
I've created a customized email follow-up sequence using the 'Using this Template in this Category' feature. I love this option because I can drip on a prospect for as long as I need to without logging back in and sending emails out manually. I'm able to market and prospect to hundreds of clients at a time with very little effort.
Being able to then look at the average views and clicks with these templates helps me tweak my other messages to be more successful with open and click rates.
Our campaigns feature lets you set up a series of emails to go out, one after the other. We'll automatically send each email and include tracking so that you can see who's engaging in your live email activity feed.
To to create your own email campaigns, log into ToutApp and click "Edit" next to the email template of your choice. When scrolling down, you'll see the "Whenever I use this template" dialog box, and you can choose a series of sales email templates to be linked together.
After successfully avoiding Black Friday, my next challenge is Cyber Monday. There is no dodging this day as my email inbox is full with subject lines, “Tara we have a deal for you” and “Cyber Monday 50% off.”
If you’re a fan of email marketing and jump-for-joy deals today is your day. Inboxes are bound to fill to the brim and traffic on the email freeway is likely to get a little backed up.
On Friday I stayed inside, eating Thanksgiving leftovers shielding myself from the aggressive crowds at the local shopping centers. Even sad to say I did not part take in Small Business Saturday. Well, I obviously cannot boycott checking my inbox or sending emails today and so face-to face with Cyber Monday here I am.
Tips for Sending your Sales Emails Today
1) Schedule a follow up. Even if your subject line is incredible today, some emails are destined to get lost under a pile of others. Use Tout to schedule an automatic follow up email. After creating your template select:
2) Keep your eye on the Live Feed. The good news is your recipients will be glued to their email today. If you see someone going click happy engaging with your email jump on the opportunity to pick up the phone to call.
3) Use Tout to send your emails later. Avoid the Cyber Monday traffic hours. Don’t send emails between 12:00-2:00pm. Schedule your emails to be sent before or after the traffic.
I'm one of the founders of Bracket Labs. We're a Boulder, CO startup building enterprise software apps for the Salesforce AppExchange. Our apps are TaskRay and Campaign Calendar, and together they're helping thousands of sales and marketing people around the world work more productively in Salesforce.
We're a small company, so as a founder I wear a lot of different hats. One of my primary roles is sales, so I spend a lot of time talking to customers who have found our apps through the AppExchange and are looking for more information so they can make a purchase.
I love ToutApp for three big reasons:
1) It helps me do more faster! We have a set of emails we send to new leads to help them understand the apps and determine whether there's a good fit for their team.
ToutApp has allowed me to send (and schedule) my emails in a way that has reduced my time per lead by about 30%.
2) The ability to deliver nicely formatted, trackable follow-up email responses from within the Salesforce Leads tab but sent from my own email address (rather than Salesforce's mailer) is great because I don't always trust the deliverability of the Salesforce mailer.
3) The Live Feed of activity on my sent emails is awesome and gives me new insight on customer engagement with my emails. I can prioritize my follow-ups based on their activity and interest level, timely response to an engaged customer is a big part of showing them you're paying attention and you are ready to help.
Every other week, we'll profile a different person who uses our app to improve their email productivity. If you would like to be featured in the future, you can apply here.
ToutApp just got a little smarter
It's always been our goal to give you real-time insight into your daily emails so that you can be more productive. We'll tell you when someone views your email, clicks on a link, and most recently when a recipient visits your website.
But real conversations aren't just about tracking. For lack of a better word, they're about... conversing, the give-and-take of replying back and forth. Having to wait around for your dream customer to respond to your email is frustrating.
That's why we recently rolled out reply tracking for the vast majority of our users. Now, if a prospect responds to your email, we'll display this in the Live Feed along with all of our other tracking information.
Here's a video that shows reply tracking in action:
Right now, reply tracking works for our Gmail and Google Apps users. We'll be extending this to our other integrations soon. We're also looking to roll out some cool new features with this technology soon, such as alerting you if an important email does or doesn't recieve a reply after x days.
I just entered the world of ToutApp. My email received a makeover and I joined the team as a Happiness Officer. Let’s talk about what’s important here. As a new ToutApp user I came to an important realization.
It is always difficult to make a change.
I was accustomed to the glaring subject lines in my inbox. In the chaos of my inbox, where were the emails and replies I actually cared about? With an outbox full of emails the one pondering question in my mind was the big uncertainty of who read my carefully handcrafted email send out the day before.
My email is now an outlook for productivity, helps me manage my workflow and discover what communication is working and what is not working thanks to ToutApp. In real- time I see who viewed my email. My questions are answered. Did my prospect engage with the information I sent? When should I make my move and call?
Some highlights from my week
- Discovering and becoming addicted to the Live Feed
- Learning the ins and outs of integrating ToutApp with my Gmail and Salesforce
- Crossing Market St. during the Giants parade to get to work
If you have a cool tip or best practice to share about how you make ToutApp work for you, we'd love to hear! Submit your own tip here.