Name: Sean Kester
Position: Outbound Business Development Executive
1. What’s your company/role?
My job as the Outbound Business Development Exec is to use our tool to prospect 50 new leads per day. I then import them into my CRM, push them to Toutapp, and start a 7 day cadence of emails and phone calls (touches) with the end goal being to schedule a demo.
SalesLoft is the simplest way on the internet to build the most accurate and targeted lists of leads. LinkedIn has over 260 million professional profiles and SalesLoft is the simplest way to find and capture this information…grabbing primary contact information, appending phone and email addresses, and injecting into your sales and marketing process.
2. Why do you love ToutApp? How do you use it for your job?
- I have smart dynamic templates for every email occasion (First email, followup, breakup email, etc.)
- Tracking clicks and views, and in turn, turning a cold call into a warm call when I dial.
- The reminders located on top of emails help make sure I never let anything slip through the cracks.
- During my cadence I use Tout to call from Google Voice. It then logs the call in my CRM and adds any notes I have taken from the call.
- Once I have used SalesLoft to find my ideal customer profile I mass load them into my CRM as a lead, push the list to Tout, and can start my process seamlessly and flawlessly.
- SalesLoft and Tout are honestly a fairy tail power couple.
3. Why Tout vs. other sales tools in the market?
I was given the responsibility to find an email tool for the BDR team to use at SalesLoft. I found that Toutapp has the best: UI, customer service, integration with my CRM, and most refined features.
New members of the team can easily start using it efficiently with little to no ramp up time. Tout helps give users greater insight into the prospecting process helping to create more conversations and schedule more demos.
4. What was your journey into sales? “If at first you don’t succeed…”
My Background: I graduated from the University of Georgia “Go Dawgs” in 2012 and moved to Atlanta to find a job in sales. I met Kyle Porter, CEO, and interviewed for the first Sales Exec role at SalesLoft. I instantly fell in love with the company culture, product, and people who surrounded the Atlanta Startup community.
The Kicker: Kyle turned me down for the job due to lack of experience. He did say he would pull me out of where I was 6 months down the road… Heard that one before.
The Win: Well, in January of this year he called me up from the minors to be the first BDR at SalesLoft. I started as the first inbound rep and then moved to outbound. Within the next month I will start closing deals and I am loving every minute of it. Since January we have tripled in size and have no signs of slowing down.
5. What’s one of your favorite sales tricks?
Add as much humor into your emails as you can while still staying professional. If you can make someone laugh and show value you will win their attention.
When a prospect has not answered me over a 7day/7touch period, I send them an email with the last line asking if they are unresponsive because they are being chased by a hippo and add a picture of a man being chased by a hippo. 60% of the time I get a response every time.
6. Favorite email you’ve ever received?
Any email with humor.
Last week I sent out a cold email to a new prospect asking for a conversation about lead generation.
His response, “That depends, do you still have a mustache?” (which I do)
Needless to say I not only booked the demo but the deal closed as well. An email with humor coupled with the ability to show value sets the stage for quality dialogue.