At ToutApp, the Happiness Team is working hard to create an unparalleled customer experience. After a team decides to adopt ToutApp, we as Customer Success Managers are looped in to make sure they are successful. As CSMs, our goal is to help sales teams optimize, create more efficiency, inspire creativity and boost connection in their day to day. We want every customer to get more out of our platform, and more out of themselves. Here’s how we do it:
5 ToutApp Hacks I Take for Granted
CSM’s here at ToutApp are responsible for the success of every team that joins. From offering trainings and on-site visits, to hopping on calls to discuss renewals, our calendars can get crazy.
Often, I am juggling 80+ accounts and it can be hard to gain control of the my calendar.
Customer: Do you have time next Wednesday to teach me the 5X5 method?
Me: Let me see…
When trying to find a time that will work for a training call or even an internal sync, the calendar feature in Tout keeps me from goofing up.
- Calendar sync functionality allows me to pull in times I am free for trainings, support calls, quarterly reviews and even internal brainstorms with just a few clicks. Calendar sync helps by cutting back on all the back and forth and preventing me from double booking myself saving me minutes off every email.
A big part of being a CSM at ToutApp is knowing how our customers are doing with adoption and ensuring each team is getting the most out of the platform. Instead of simply looking at the % of actively users, we go above and beyond by truly understanding how our customers are selling and where we can help. I’d much rather spend my time talking to teams and learning about their company goals than getting stuck doing anything monotonous. Templates help me focus on what’s important.
Just today I used a template to send resources after a training call, for a reply to direct someone to utilize our knowledge base and I even used one to close an upsell.
- Templates are an amazing way to pull in baseline messaging so that I can spend my energy in more productive ways, like learning more about my team’s specific sales cycles, workflows, and needs. All I have to add is the personalization. Templates for NPS surveys, templates for training resources, templates for renewal notices, templates for check-ins – I can’t imagine starting every email from scratch anymore.
Now, the only thing we love more than meeting our customers face to face, is meeting our customers face to face at a HAPPY HOUR. And while they are always a blast, they don’t happen without some coordination and planning.
How do I invite my team’s to celebrate with us without spending hours writing emails? How do I reach out and notify all of my account in a personalized friendly way? Group Emails. Drop mic.
- Sending group emails through ToutApp allows me to send personalized message to individuals in my key accounts in a matter of minutes. Whether I am sending a follow-up after a training call or sending a personal invite to one of our infamous happy hours, group emails save me hours of time.
There is a lot to do post-sales to keep the magic alive. From making sure teams are setup properly, trained, to the eventual renewal, it can be difficult to stay organized. As most CSMs will probably say, being proactive with accounts makes all the difference.
Staying five steps ahead can be tough but guess what, ToutApp helps me here too.
- Reminders help me ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Setting myself reminders post training to follow up with teams in a week or two has been been invaluable. Reminders to reach out to renewals a couple months in advance and reminders to send ToutApp swag and “I Close Deals” shirts to our kickass customers help me level up my CSM game. Plus, nothing is more satisfying then checking that little box and seeing my productivity soar.
The Live Feed is not just for sales. CSMs at ToutApp benefit from knowing when someone has engaged with our emails for many of the same reasons as sales reps do. We’re just as hooked as our fellow colleagues.
Not only do I see my reminders in one place but I am notified when my own team rings the gong and updated in real time when someone closes a deal. Let the fireworks ignite!
- Having insight into which resource emails my recipients have opened and which guides they have clicked through tells me who is engaged and who needs some extra nudging. In addition, when trying to get a renewal signed off persistence can be key. The Live Feed helps me time my follow ups to get the right person at just the right time.
I could keep going with these ToutApp pro-tips but I don’t want to give all my secrets away. After all, in my opinion, closing deals requires some science, some art, a dash of magic and a Happiness Officer waiting on the other side. But don’t fret, this is not the end.
If you want to learn more you can check out our Knowledge Base and level up your own Tout game. If you want to know how your CSM team can use ToutApp, talk to one of our Account Executives and if you have any questions, were just a click away! Write in and we’ll respond, it might even be me!
And as always, Happy Touting.